7 Points to Ponder on Teams & Teamwork
- The exploding rate of change combined with ever greater complexity and workloads are making the workplace of info age increasingly interdependent, which means teams & teamwork important!
- However, high degrees of collaboration seem to be evermore illusive …. Most team’s performance falls far short of their full potential. Truly high-performance teams are very rare
- Key team principle is “synergy” which means 1 + 1 = 3 or the whole is greater than the sum of its parts … And there is only one way to achieve it!
- The causes of team dysfunction tend to be few in number but with deep roots.
- Team problems are basically the same in all teams (including executive teams)
- Difference in team productivity is huge between high performance team and a dysfunctional team
- Costs of team dysfunction are difficult to measure but still devastating to the effectiveness and efficiency of work groups and the organization
What we can do and
- We offer training programs that enhance both the effectiveness of team leaders and team players
- We work with formal teams or enhancing teamwork within and between departments or functions
- We have solutions for both severely dysfunctional teams and “team tune-up” for those teams who don’t have major problems but are mired in mediocrity and are not fulfilling their true potential
How we Fix Teams
- We assess current team performance (using team synergy assessment tools – available upon request)
- We first identify performance gaps
- We indentify root causes of the performance gaps
- We then identify the individual competency gaps (cause of team performance gaps)
- We design and deliver strategic training and coaching solutions to close individual and team and performance gaps
- Team members learn team problem-0solving and decision –making skills
- Team establishes a systematic approach to actively monitor team performance monitor team